8.12.2011

No. 42- Doolittle




Album: Doolittle

Band: Pixies


Year Released: 1989











I really got into this album...
Circa 2000

Favorite songs include...

Hey 
Debaser 


Why it’s so good... 
My brother had accidentally left his cassette tape of Doolittle in my stereo. I had remembered the Pixies from the many Seattle-rock articles I had read in Rolling Stone magazine and their huge influence on the bands of that era. 
I think as the junior high-age kid wanting to write rock music I was at the time- this album was the best thing from me to stumble upon. It’s got just enough touches of punk rock, alternative rock, and even some bits of 50s style pop music to make me sense what I wanted to use for my own.

But most of all it’s the energy of the Pixies that makes this album so special to me. I grow older and my life becomes more and more stressful and adult-like, but all I have to do is put on Doolittle and I feel like an invincible teenager ready to change the world by playing dangerous pop/rock music. 
Next time you have a presentation at school or a big job interview- put on a song like “Debaser” and you’ll feel ready to conquer any and all obstacles that come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment