8.19.2011

No. 33- The Man Who





Album: The Man Who

Artist: Travis


Year Released: 1999










I really got into this album...
Winter 2000

Favorite songs include...
Why Does It Always Rain On Me 
Writing To Reach You 
Luv

Why it’s so good... 
If you look at my music taste as a teenager and my music taste now, there's an awful lot of difference. You could even say they're two different identities altogether. I was soaked in the sounds of Seattle grunge and 90s alternative rock. Not that I don't still love such music, but I definitely needed to branch out.

And that's where The Man Who comes in. It's a simple album- not overly produced, plain yet catchy lyrics, even the album art is plain in color. 
But it's the perfect winter album because of all these things.
It's the most melodic, feel good sound with melancholy lyrics about being cold, struggling with pessimism, and dealing with old relationships gone sour.

And I honestly consider Francis Healy to have one of the best voices in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment