10.29.2011

No. 9- Abbey Road







Album: Abbey Road

Artist: The Beatles


Year Released: 1969









I really got into this album...
Summer 2009

Favorite songs include...
“Here Comes The Sun” 
“Something"
“You Never Give Me Your Money” 

Why it’s so good... 
What can I say about Abbey Road that hasn't already been said? It's one of the most iconic albums of all time. It's the final album of the greatest act of modern music. It's appreciated by every generation since, a staple of what good music is.

But why do I love it?
I've always identified with The Beatles' music, as friends who knew the words and melodies to express what was in my heart. But what I appreciate about Abbey Road is that they were so mature that I have this different kind of respect for them. They're no longer just friends- but more like mentors. Men who were married and starting families, experiencing life and figuring out what matters most.

The songs are undeniable classics. George Harrison is at his best here- songs like "Here Comes The Sun" and "Something" are some of the best Beatles songs ever.
And you have to talk about the second half of the album- the medley. 16 minutes of finished and unfinished short songs blended together to form this epic masterpiece. Listening to it from start to finish is one of the more rewarding experiences music has to offer. Seriously.

It wrapped up the legacy of one of my favorite bands. It's perfectly crafted.
"And in the end, the love you make is equal to the love you make"

No comments:

Post a Comment